Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Don't Let Them Think Less of Us

I was reading my Bible and quickly read over 1 Timothy 4:12. I continued to read verses 13 and 14 before what I read hit me. I stopped reading and went back to read the verse again. Here's what it said:

"Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity."

What a coincidence that I would run across this verse mere days after turning 18! Except for the fact that I don't believe in coincidences (Oh wow, how cliche!)

I am confident that God had me read that verse today to remind me of something. To remind me that my life doesn't start when I can vote. My life didn't start when I got my driver's license. My life won't start when I'm out of college.

My life is happening right now.

Just because I'm young doesn't mean I can't make a difference. I'm supposed to be an example to all believers, living the life Jesus taught me to live. I'm supposed to be pure, I'm supposed to love others, I'm supposed to show great faith.

Your teenage years aren't a time for you to do a bunch of stupid things so you can be a "good" adult later. This is a stereotype that has been made about teenagers in this generation. Destroy that stereotype! Your teenage years are some of the greatest years of your life. You could use your able-bodied years to make a difference, to impact the world and culture you live in.

I squandered some of my early teenage years thinking and caring about things that didn't matter. I'm determined not to waste my life thinking I'm too young to make an impression on this world.

Don't let them think less of us because we're young.

No comments:

Post a Comment